Wednesday 26 October 2011

Brazilian Cheeseballs

My boys love CHEESE. Which is fine by me... Well, you see, they are not regular milk drinkers. What other ways to supplement their calcium intake than cheese, I told myself. And so I went on a Cheese-hunt... in the supermarket and the world-wide-web! *wink*

I chanced upon this Brazilian delicacy, and I jumped right into action. My gut was right! This is really yummy! Introduced to a couple of friends and they agreed too!

Easy to source, a breeze to make, zippy to bake,... And most importantly, quick to finish!

Going to make this again,... and again...


Ingredients:

1c milk
1/2c water
1/2c vegetable oil (I use my normal cooking oil)
1 tsp salt
2c tapioca flour
2 eggs
2c cheese


psst psst...
- Original recipe calls for grated parmesan cheese but I'm not a fan of that as much as I loooove mozzarella! So I used 1 1/2c mozzarella and 1/2c Parmesan.


Here's what I did:
1. Preheat oven to 180degC

2. In a pot, pour together the water, milk, oil and salt. Bring mixture to a low boil. Remove from fire once it starts to boil.

3. Add in tapioca flour and stir with a wooden spoon as fast as possible. (At this point, I switched to using my hand-held electric mixer with dough hook). Once dough is formed, transfer into a mixing bowl and let it cool for about 10mins.

4. Add in eggs and continue to mix (it gets really sticky)

5. Once eggs are fully incorporated, add in your cheese and continue to mix till smooth.

6. Using 2 teaspoons to scoop and shape the dough into small balls (I avoided using my hands coz it is really sticky by now). Place them an inch or so apart from each other on baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.

7. Bake for 20-25 mins till golden brown.

8. Serve warm.

(if it's cooled, do not heat up in the microwave oven. Heat up in your oven/toaster instead. You may freeze the baked balls for consumption later! Simply zip them up in a airtight ziplock or container and send to the freezer)


Recipe from YumSugar

No comments: