Monday 5 December 2011

Steamed Tau Pok

Ever read a food blog without pictures? Guess this will be it... at least for this while. So, please bear with me. *sob

Or use square tau pok
This dish is a real easy peasy lemon squeezy. Season minced pork, add in fish paste, cut in chopped chives, stuff into halved tau pok, steam on high for 15-20 mins, serve. What's so tough?!

It's such a no brainer, I wonder if I should even post it. But it's been nagging me to! It wants to be on the blog coz it's a WINNER at my table. LOL. Really, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't give this a try. It's healthy, it's easy, it's tasty.


Ingredients:

* Tau pok
* Minced pork
* Fish paste (optional)
* Chives (cut small)


Here's what I did:

1. Cut tau pok into half. Gently slice an opening for stuffing later.

2. Season minced pork with pepper, soya sauce, sesame oil and pinch of cornstarch.

3. Add in fish paste (half of minced pork portion)

4. Add in chives (chives is a must in this dish).

5. Stuff mixture into tau pok.

6. Lay them lying down on a steam plate, add water to the plate (ample to soak the tau pok slightly; you MUSTN'T miss this step of adding water!)

7. Steam on high for 15-20 mins till stuffing is cooked. Serve.


psst psst... Pardon me if my description is not so clear above. I have the photos in my Apple. Am trying hard to retrieve.

psst psst 2... yeah!!! I found my photos!(photos uploaded on 31 Dec '11)

No comments: