Sunday 23 October 2011

What an adventure...

It all started on Tuesday. Like always, I woke up to get my boys ready for the day. After settling their breakfast, I happily sent off my first-born to school! Thinking to myself... Well, now I have the other 2 boys to attend to. Phew...

Barely 30mins after he left the house, my phone rang... And my nightmare began. The school office administrator was on the line. As any parent will tell you... We 'tremble' at the sound of the school office on the phone...

"Mrs Ong... I'm calling from XX school... Can u kindly arrange for someone to pick him up and bring him to the doctor..." ... ... "Yes Mrs Ong, you see, we found spots on his palms and ulcers in his mouth... ..."

WHAT?!?? My alarm went off! In my mind, images quickly connived! I have to bring him,... I have to arrange pickup... I have to plan relocating if the worst is true... I have to separate the boys... I should... Or, wait, should I... No, that's right, I should call my husband!

I jumped into action!!!

In less than an hour, I had him diagnosed, packed my bags. And in less than 2 hours, I handed him over to my mom (bless her heart! She has agreed to stay over at my place, while I will move out to hers with my other two sons), told her the whole list of to-dos, instructed my helper, said goodbye to my first-born... After a teary goodbye, we set off with a heavy heart.

All these because of my 3-month old new-born.

Never did I realized, we have to be away for a minimum of 10 days. Sob...

No comments: