Thursday 27 October 2011

Only Time Will Tell -- Jeffrey Archer

I devoured this book in two days... Stealing moments from toilet breaks,... while nursing my new-born,... while boys nap,... even during night-feeds! And oh, staying awake while waiting for Man to return from late work... just to catch a paragraph, a section, even a chapter.

Basically I speed read this book.

How not to?! I waited so long for a good read! Can't remember when was the last time a book so captivated me. Since The Kite Runner when it first debut in... Err... 2005?

Anyway this book is great! I love family saga. This is the first of its 5-part series of the Clifton Chronicles. The story revolves round the lower class family of dock workers and the wealthy, influential Barringtons. It is set in the early twentieth century, spanning across the world wars. In fact it ended just when Harry Clifton decide to enlist. It promises to bring to life hundred years of recent history to reveal a family story.

Absurdly splendid!! Now I have to wait for its part II. March 2012 I heard...


...

No comments: