Thursday 10 November 2011

Beef Lasagna



It's been a long time since I last baked this for lunch. It's my boys' favorite -- like I said, they like anything CHEESE. And I am very generous with my mozzarella. LOL

I did it slightly differently from all the other recipes that I read and find. I 'cheated' with Campbell's Creamy instant soup as its base. *wink* But hey! It tastes good okay!


Ingredients (serve 2):
200gm minced beef
Diced carrot
Diced french beans
Diced tomato
Campbell's Cream of Corn (soup powder, mixed in hot water per instructions)
1 tsp tomato ketchup
Water
Sugar to taste (optional)
Sheets of San Remo Instant Lasagna
Mozzarella cheese

Here's what I did:

1. Season minced beef with salt, pepper and some herbs (I use Masterfood Mixed Herbs), and a pinch of corn starch.


2. In a pan, fry minced beef with carrot, french beans and tomato. Add in Campbell's soup base and add more water to make the mixture slightly more watery.

3. Add in 1 tsp of tomato ketchup to achieve that 'red' base lasagna. Add sugar to taste (optional).

4. Let it cool. In the meantime, soak the lasagna sheets in warm water.

5. Prepare the baking tray and scoop the Beef mixture onto its base. Follow by cheese, then a sheet of lasagna. Next, the beef mixture, then cheese and another sheet of lasagna. So on and so forth, ending with a generous topping of cheese.

6. Tent the lasagna bake tray. Bake in a cold oven 200degC for 30mins.

7. Remove the cover and bake for another 20mins or until golden brown.

8. Remove from oven and let it cool for a further 10mins to set the pasta. Serve.

.....

No comments: