Friday 27 January 2012

Chocolate Chips Cookies

I find cookies out there are sooooooooooooo expensive. I wonder how anyone can bear to buy them. Miser me cannot bear to part with my hard-earned allowance for those teeny weeny bits. It's not worth it really.

Take this recipe and try baking them yourself! Trust me, you will not buy from the stores anymore. With this, they shall be out of biz soon. Muahahahahahaha...

Go ahead and replace chocolate chips with raisins... or M&Ms,... or just have it plain. The dough is versatile. You are the creative one. So, create your own!

This is what you'd need:

125gm unsalted butter
1tsp vanilla essence
1/3cup brown sugar
1/3cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 1/4cup plain flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1cup of chocolate chips (I used Hershey's Mini Semi-sweet chips)


Here's what I did:

1. Preheat oven to 180degC

2. Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugars, egg in a small bowl until smooth.

3. Sift in flour, baking soda.

4. Mix in Chocolate Chips.

5. With a small teaspoon, scoop batter and drop on baking tray lined with baking paper (dough will tend to spread and flatten when baking. So, leave some space about an inch between each drop).

6. Bake for 10-15mins. Each subsequent tray will take a shorter time to bake because the oven is heated. So, WATCH your cookies! Don't burn it.

 7. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container. (I get about 80 cookies from this -- depending on how big your teaspoon-drop is :)

No comments: