Monday 24 September 2012

Pizza

What do you do on days when you are lazy, tired, cranky, over-worked and consequently, brain dead?

When the boys refuse you any rest or moment of solitude, neither do they understand you are only human, nor, I strongly suspect, do they care. You can only blame it on their young, immature minds. In moments like this, I remind myself, I shall graciously give them 30 years each before they come close to appreciating my plight.

My good Lord God bless me.

So, I thought to occupy them with fixing their own dinner. I brought them to the Supermarket, and have them choose the ingredients they'd like for their first-ever self-baked pizza! That's exactly right. I made them make a list and we headed out. Of course, it's only wise of me to give them options and not open-ended choices! Either A or B,... and C or D... and so we went in search for their grocery list.

They were ELATED! Shouting and talking really loudly in the Supermarket. I was rather embarrassed frankly. People must be looking at them and wandered if they had never been shopping / to a supermarket / out of house even (yes, that's the extend of my embarrassment).

Am I glad I survive the 'little excursion'.

After all the dicing and chopping and grating, these are their creations.

Son1's Creation
And I must say, I am very proud of them. Considering this is their first attempt (well, not so for Son1 who has done this with me before Son2 came along. But he has no recollection! Good grief), I thought they really did a very fine job.

These pizzas do look very professional, don't they?! The best  of this? The cheese! They topped it up real crazy.


Son2's... Green is his favorite colour











Would I do this again? Absolutely!! There is nothing more satisfying for them than to fix their own favorite things and pizza is one of them. Soon I'd be teaching them how to steam an egg, fry a instant roti prata, bake their own cupcakes.

Slowly but surely.

Before that, they must learn to be civilized in public. Quite literally.


No comments: