Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day


A Mother's Love

A mother's eyes reflect the love of Heaven
A love borne long before this life began
A love which grows each day
Which will not fade away
A love inspired by Heavenly Father's plan

A mother's hands reflect a life of service
A life of sacrifice for those she loves
And with her giving hands she shapes the soul of man
Prepares him for eternal life above

A mother's words teach children righteous living
And her example leads them to the light
She speaks the words of truth that guide their tender youth
And point the course they take throughout their lives

A mother's life reflects itself in our life
Her ways of living are engrained in ours
And through the changing years and days of joy and tears
Her love will lead us on
Her words will point the course
Her hands will lift us up to God

... ... ...

How beautiful is this lyrics! Even though I can't remember the tune as I made my way out of church service today, the words echoed in my ears. It epitomizes motherhood in God's eyes. By His divine calling, Motherhood is a lifetime of dedicated service unto Him. What a privilege. What a blessing. To be called by Him.

If these words are how my children will look at me years later as they grow in strength and wisdom, then I pray that God's lesson for me to begin right here right now.

All glory unto Him. Amen.

This brought to mind a song that my primary school teacher taught us yore ago,...

"Mother of mine
You gave to me all of my life
To do as I please
I owe everything I have to you
Mother, sweet Mother of mine

Mother of mine
When I was young
You showed me the right way
Things should be done
Without your love
Where would I be
Mother, sweet Mother of mine

Mother you gave me
Happiness much more
Than words can say
I pray the Lord that
He may bless you
Every night and every day

Mother of mine
Now I am grown
And I can walk straight
All on my own
I'd like to give you
What you gave to me
Mother, sweet Mother of mine"

No comments: