Monday 7 May 2012

Egg Tarts

Egg tarts abound! You can see them everywhere really. Every KFC has them. Boys love egg tarts, especially Son2. So I made them. Really cool I must say.

I would reduce the sugar further actually. I made it this time with 80gm, but we find it too sweet. So maybe 60gm will be more like it. IMHO, ratio of egg to sugar should be reduced to 1:20gm.

Here's what you'd need:

* 3 eggs
* 100gm sugar (I used 80gm, will reduce further to 60gm)
* 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
* 1/4 tsp white vinegar
* 240gm boiling water
* Sheets of Puff Pastry, cut to size to fit mould

This is what I did:

1. Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Set aside to cool.

2. Lightly beat the eggs and mix it with vanilla essence and vinegar.

3. While sugar water is cooling off, prepare your pastry sheets.

4. Grease your mould (I used muffin trays). Cut pastry sheet to squares and fit snuggly into mould.

5. Pour the cooled sugar mixture into the egg mixture. Sift twice.

6. Fill pastry mould till about 90% full.

7. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC for about 30/35mins.

8. Remove tarts from mould after to cool completely. Serve.

(Made 12 tarts)

Recipe adapted from Sonia

No comments: