Tuesday 4 December 2012

Eggless Tiramisu with Kahlua

The time has come finally for my Tiramisu to see the living daylight (rather, the night). I have thought long and hard on what to bring to a friend's dinner. Can't quite go to a dinner emptyhanded. I could bring wine, but someone has volunteered that. Oh lucky she!




But I wondered how the Tiramisu would fare really. Considering the weather in Singapore and the distance I have to travel to bring this to a friend's place... I was rather apprehensive.

I wondered if I should add gelatin to my cheese mixture... in hope to just set the cheese a bit tougher. Or should I use a ice box? That would be rather ridiculous looking, won't it? But I couldn't afford for my tiramisu to 'melt'. Perhaps I should immediately send it to friend's freezer or chiller for a quick 30mins before serving it at dessert.



Then I became anxious if it would pass the taste test. These friends have travelled the world countless times over, tasted endless delicacies and seen a million sights, why would they be 'wow' with a home-made Tiramius?! Sighz... sometimes I think I too much. Just Serve It, Nike would say.

And so I did. This time, I added Kahlua to the cake since there will be NO kids at the dinner. HURRAY!!! It is an all adults night! YIPPIE!!!

Just one more picture. Had to do this coz the cake really looked very happy!




As always, no one rejects a Tiramisu. As a dessert to a tummy bursting dinner, the light Kahlua-ed mascarpone cheese joyously "pick you up"! I could have added more Kahlua next time.




No comments: