Monday 23 April 2012

Pan-fried Asparagus Roll

Why the silence? My cousin asked. She apparently, has been checking on me. Someone missed me! How sweet is that feeling.

Anyway, I am here still. The only reason why the stillness is because my Apple died on me again! Waaaaaaaa... :"( Tragic.

I have been experimenting some new dishes. Been taking photos and labeling them diligently. But they've all vanished along with my Apple. Can't imagine my heartbreak. Can't salvage. Must re-do. How helpless! I never learn, I suppose. I didn't backup since the last crash. Waaaaaaaaaaah :""(

Before I wallow any further into self pity, let me begin. This is one of those dishes I recreated. Didn't know if it will work but it turned out superb! No kidding you. Just a simple Hock Kee frozen Belly Sukiyaki, with a pack of asparagus and enoki mushroom. Roll them. Pan fry them. Make your favorite sauce and drizzle over them.

I can't wait to serve this when we next host a dinner. Yippie!!

NB: The belly sukiyaki has no seasoning and neither does the vegetable nor mushroom. So use the best sauce you can find. I used my favorite Kikkoman Soy Sauce with honey and lemon juice, with slight dash of garlic pepper. With a little oil, fry garlic till fragrant, pour soy sauce in and boil slightly. Drizzle over pan fried rolls. Serve.

No comments: