Saturday 19 April 2014

Coffee-Chocolate Bun II

Another success. This time my buns are more evenly sized.



I kneaded it with my KA on Speed2 for about 10mins. Prior to that, I used the flat beater to mix the ingredients (minus the butter) together. When all's mixed, I let it rest a quick sec before switching to the dough hook to knead, adding the softened butter bit by bit as we knead along. Till the dough started "slapping" against the bowl, I stopped.

Window pane? Yeah, almost. I was running out of time, and couldn't wait till then.

If I had waited for another 5 minutes, I'm sure I can achieve that see-though window pane. Ofttimes I wonder, what is another 5minutes? Why couldn't I wait?

The thing is this: When we are pressed for time, that 5 mins seem like eternity.

Soft, yet 'sturdy'. Just the kind of bread that fills your stomach. You know what I mean? My bread has to be soft to the bite yet densely compact that it can sustain you till next mealtime.

Son 3 and his baby bun

And for the benefit of Son3, whom I rather he doesn't come anywhere close to coffee as yet, I made him two baby buns. I left the dough plain without piping. And look at that! Compactly soft in his tiny hands.

Overall, I'm very satisfied and am about to congratulate myself on learning how to knead with my KA. Ha!

Click here for recipe.

No comments: