Saturday 20 October 2012

Baby Spinach with Century Egg

Baby spinach... a staple in my family's fiber diet. The easiest to dish out. Is perfect as a soup or as a vegetable dish. And thankfully, is my Boys' favorite.

I am not talking about those Chinese Spinach, or those Rounded and Sharp Leaf Spinach (ya! there are many types of spinach... wonder which is Popeye's version...). I'm referring to Baby Spinach here. Its leaves are rounder and tinier.... hmmm... exactly like its baby.

This time, I tried it differently with a century egg. Exactly the way they do it in Zi Char store. Except I skipped the salted egg, which incidentally is a lot unhealthier than century egg. The lesser of the two evils, if you must have.

Needless to say, it is a lot better on its own. We should not compromise the spinach's goodness. If you absolutely must do something, like my itchy hands, throw in some wolfberry for color interest, also to enhance the dish's nutritional value.

Occasionally, I will deep fry some small bait fish to sprinkle on it. Else, baby spinach is good on its own.

No comments: